Sunday, October 16, 2011

make it monday no. 36: faux watercoloring

just dropping in to quickly post my card for papertrey ink's make it monday no. 36...faux watercoloring technique :)  it's a bit hard to tell in the harsh photo i just took, but i watercolored in the owls wings, around his eyes and ears and also on the leaves...the color didn't spread as well as i had hoped, but it did soften the lines of the stamp somewhat, which left a nice effect.  i ran the background paper through my cuttlebug with a woodgrain embossing folder almost 3 times before i realized what i was doing (made this card while watching the chicago bears) and it really roughed up my argyle paper. it ended up stretching my paper so much that i just tore the edges and really like how it turned out...goes nicely with the woodsy theme. :)
baby update:  tuesday (october 18) is my due date! um, yes, as in 2 days away...) i can't believe it...but this little one is not ready to come out from hiding yet. i think i will probably go a few days past. my doctor told me at last week's checkup that she will let me go until oct. 25 and then we will have to schedule an induction. i'm keeping my fingers crossed that he will come on his own. he is sure performing a circus act in my belly right now as we speak! lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment